Tuesday, June 9, 2009

June Craziness and Five Things

Things have been kind of a whirlwind since the Transformation Challenge finished up. School is almost out and it’s been wrapping up Box Top contests and final issues of PTO newsletters and end of the year teacher and staff gifts and all that fun stuff. Gracie gets out on Thursday, and Ian finishes preschool the same day. Then it’s on to summertime – spending days at Janet’s and Grandma’s, swimming lessons, soccer, time in Ventura, time at the lake, concerts and movies in the park. Probably every bit as busy as the school year, but everything seems like more fun because it’s OUTDOORS! I love summer, love the sunshine, love the weather….love it, love it, love it!

First, let me list my five things to be grateful for. Thank you to Jean Steel for providing me with this idea. I think it’s great as it helps me to focus on the positive and not the things I naturally gravitate toward complaining about. Here we go, five things I’m grateful for today:
1. The last Box Tops contest of the school year is behind me
2. A boss that’s understanding enough to let me have a fairly flexible schedule
3. That Gracie won a Kookey in the Box Tops drawing. She watched enviously and patiently while I gave out six of them to other winners throughout the school year. So glad she won one fair and square!
4. A nice, cold diet coke this morning. I know, I know, not the best thing for me to drink, but I needed the caffeine today.
5. Two days off this week – Thursday and Friday!

I’ll post again soon, maybe later today, with my latest plans for fitness, diet, also with my official results and pictures from the Transformation Challenge.

No comments: