Tuesday, July 21, 2009

If you let someone else pack your gym bag, double-check it before you leave the house

First, let me say that my husband is an amazing, wonderful, sweetheart. He is always so helpful and supportive. Today he was helping me get out of the house to Body Combat before work and he packed up my gym bag with my street clothes and such. Awesome, thanks sweetie!

Then he calls me on the cell when I'm just a few minutes away from the gym (and 30 miles from home) to let me know that he thinks he forgot to put my bra in the bag. Eep! Since I go to work straight from the gym and don't have time for the hour round trip, I'm thinking, what to do, what to do...

When I got the the gym, I checked my bag and sure enough, the bra wasn't there. Luckily, the gym had sports bras for sale in their little shop area. So I purchased one to wear to work since the one I had on would be disgusting once I got through with Combat.

Cut to the shower room after class. I get out of the shower and dry off and start to get dressed. I start to put the new sports bra on and get it over my head and my arms partially through when I realize that I'm stuck. The combination of the snug fitting sports bra (they didn't have my size so I had to go one smaller and cross my fingers) and my semi-damp, fresh from the shower skin had caused the bra to twist around itself as I pulled it down and it was now stopped around my neck and upper arms. I was standing there with my elbows flailing in the air in an attempt to get the damn thing to either move up and off or down and into place where it belonged.

After much grunting, tugging, and pulling...success! Thank god there weren't any other women in the locker room because I'm sure that would have been quite the show. My second attempt went a bit more smoothly. Having learned from that first experience, I put my head through first, then one arm at a time and was able to get it on without too much trouble that time. Whew!

And I tell you what, I am looking STYLIN' now. Because I have such an awesome figure to start with, that smooshing my boobs down with a too-small sports bra to make me look even more frumpy is really working for me. Girls, watch your men cuz they're all gonna be wanting me looking like this!

1 comment:

CareyBee said...

That sounds sexy! :) If I saw you in the gym like that I would have laughed...then helped you. LOL