Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Transformation Challenge Update - Week 7

Yes. I've been MIA for a bit. Not that I think many folks would notice as I don't have a ton of followers. As I've said before, this is really just a place for me to think out loud and save on my therapist's bill. If anyone sees it, reads it, enjoys it, great. But if not, oh well.

So we are into week 7. I am now down 16 pounds from my starting weight and I haven't had my measurements taken in some time, but I would assume I'm down a bit further in that area as well. My clothes don't really feel like they are fitting much more loosely which is a bit disappointing, especially in the waist. I'll have to ask my trainer to see if there are any exercises I can be doing or food I can be eating, other than what I'm doing already, to target my stomach flab. I'm already doing an abs class once a week, lots of abs in boot camp and in my other classes. We'll see...

So since I posted last, I have tried out a few new classes. One of them was last night and it was Body Attack. Ok, somebody really should have warned me that they should just call that class, "Run Your Ass Off." It was so fast-paced and so crazy. Run here, run there, run back, run forward, run, kick, run, kick, run, jump, run, jump, run, run, run, then run some more. And oh yeah...run!

But in a sick, kind of twisted way, I think I liked it. I think it will be easier on my knees than Step, and makes me sweat and work as much, if not more than Step. I was soaking wet from head to toe last night. I know, probably TMI, but seriously. I don't think there was one dry inch of clothing or skin or hair when we were done. Could I keep up with all of it? Hell no! But I just kept moving.

I think body attack's one of those classes I will strive to keep up with. I'll know I've come a long way when I can keep up with the choreography. Sadly, the choreography wasn't that tough, but this former cheer and songleader still got lost occasionally. I'm just not that quick on my feet anymore. I'm sure that has to do with this excess weight I'm hauling around so I can only hope that will improve over time.

I also signed up for the 10K training program at EQ. I am going to walk, maybe run, a 10K the end of May - the Miracle Miles for Kids from Morro Rock to the Cayucos Pier. I'll have to start walking/running on sand every once in a while to get used to it. The training program at the gym gives us a set of individually created workouts for you to do during the week and then we get together every Saturday at 8:30 to train together. My first group session will be this Saturday as I was out of town last Saturday. I'm looking forward to it.

I am also seriously contemplating doing a half-marathon (Team in Training) in October of this year. I feel like I need something to work toward after the Transformation Challenge. My friend Melissa is probably going to do it with me. As a matter of fact, I think I'll sign up on the web site today!

Just to be accountable if only to myself, my workout plans for the week are:

Monday - boot camp, treadmill (10K training), body attack - done.
Tuesday - rock bottom class, treadmill (10K training)
Wednesday - boot camp, treadmill (10K training)
Thursday - body flow, treadmill (10K training)
Friday - boot camp, treadmill (10K training), rock bottom, body jam
Saturday - group 10K session

Ok, back to work!

No comments: