Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Transformation Challenge - Week 4 Wrapup and on to Week 5

I rocked Week 4. Rocked it. I mean, seriously rocked it. I put in 16 hours working out last week. That is a frickin' part-time job for frick's sake! But I felt amazing. By Friday night I was so damn exhausted though, all I could think about was getting in a tub and soaking my poor sore muscles, stiff joints and aching bones. It's hell getting old, yes? But of course, with three little ones, you can't ever go home and just get in the tub for a soak, right? I think I finally made it into the tub sometime on Sunday, but I can't quite remember.

I have a few friends across the country who I email quite frequently and we started a workout challenge this last week. 2 points for every half hour of cardio, 1 point for every half hour of resistance training, at the end of the week, you lose half your points if you gain any weight. Well, guess who won the challenge last week? Me! With 49 points!! And that's really saying something because my one friend works out like a fiend and I even beat her by 3 points. My prize was to pick their facebook status for the week. I chose, " wishes she could be like Heather because Heather is cool." Lame, I know, but I'm not very creative on those sorts of things. They all have to send me a scratcher or quick pick from their respective state too. We have three more weeks of the challenge so wish me continued success.

We are midway through week 5 and I am having a tough time again. My legs just feel like lead, I'm so frickin' exhausted and having a hard time pushing myself. Thank god for my team who does not let me slack off. So far this week my workouts have been:

Monday - Boot Camp (60 min), Stationary Bike (30 min)
Tuesday - Stationary Bike (30 min), Body Step (60 min)
Wednesday - Boot Camp (60 min), Stationary Bike (30 min)

I'm going back this afternoon to do another hour of cardio. I know the resistance training is crucial to losing weight (and I want to have a rock hard bod a year from now!) but I'm definitely getting that in during Boot Camp and some of the other classes, but I think the cardio is key for my weight loss right now so I'm really trying hard to get 30-90 min of cardio in a day.

The plan for the rest of the week:

Thursday - Body Flow (60 min), Body Step (60 min), I might try to squeeze in some time on the elliptical sometime during the day
Friday - Boot Camp (60 min), Rock Bottom (60 min) and Body Jam (60 min)

Saturday and Sunday will be mostly rest, but I'm going to try to get out and do something active with the family even if it is a more leisurely stroll and wouldn't count for cardio. At least I'm moving my body and burning some calories, right?

Monday morning Boot Camp, Nat and Kate were killers. At the start of class, they say something like, "we are so tired of hearing how hard Lauren's Wednesday Boot Camp is!" I just groaned to myself and thought, "here we go." And did we go. And go. And go. The resistance was still there but they way stepped up the cardio. We're talkin' way. Thought I was gonna die. But I didn't. I pushed through and at the end, I felt great! I don't know that I'm losing as much as some of the other girls or whether anyone else can see a difference, but I can feel a difference and that's what matters. I am moving better and easier (when I'm not falling down sore, that is) and I am so happy about the changes I'm making in my life. Now, if I could only win the lottery, quit my job and stay home with the kids, things would be perfect. Maybe one of those out-of-state tickets my friends are sending will be just the ticket, pun intended.

No comments: