Monday, May 18, 2009

Frustrated!

These past few weeks, I have not been doing great in the challenge. I have been working out as much, or more, but I have not been eating well. I've fallen back into my old eating habits and I don't know why. I feel like it's a sort of self-sabatoge. I can recognize this pattern in my life where I get close to a goal and I let it slip out of my fingers. I don't know why. Am I afraid of success? Am I afraid that I won't live up to my own expectations? This is what worries me. I am seriously considering starting to see a therapist because I'm afraid that if I don't get to the bottom of WHY I overeat, I will never be able to maintain a healthy weight, let alone get down to a healthy weight in the first place.

My friend recommended a book on Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and losing weight. It shipped from Amazon this weekend and I can't wait to get it and start reading. Maybe it will help too. Not sure if this link will work, but give it a shot: The Beck Diet Solution.

Now, I've got to force myself to get back to my healthy eating habits and finish strong in the challenge and hopefully be able to continue on and get to my goal. I know I can do this, I just have to DO it!

No comments: