Thursday, May 7, 2009

Word of the week - hard-core!

My friend Carey started this on Monday or Tuesday - word of the week: hard-core. And I ran with it.

Whatever you're doing in life - be hard-core. Don't do it half-assed. Why bother? All the way or not at all. Push yourself.

Wednesday, I wasn't feeling so well. I was really nausous and queasy in boot camp. I stepped outside for a few minutes. When that didn't help much, I ended up running to the restroom a bit later and losing my protein shake and then some. It was lovely, let me tell you. I wanted to go lie down. But my stomach did feel a lot better. I felt a little shaky, but I decided to run with the word of the week: hard-core. I went back into that workout room and I finished the training. I probably wasn't 100%, but I definitely didn't wuss out. And I definitely wasn't doing it half-assed. I was proud of myself. I was hard-core. I'm not saying to push yourself to injury or to make yourself sick. You have to know your limits. And I knew that as much as I wanted to go take it easy after throwing up, I didn't NEED to. My body was okay. The toxins had left the building, so to speak. If I needed to stop during the rest of training or call it quits, I would have. But I didn't need to, so I keep going. I pushed through and I even went and did 30 min of cardio on the treadmill, so there. :)

I am challenging myself this week to be hard-core.

1 comment:

CareyBee said...

You are SUPER HARDCORE!