Thursday, May 7, 2009

My week so far....

This has been a stressful week. The kids are struggling, everyone's tired, some of us are sick, I'm overwhelmed to say the least. End of the school year is coming, Mother's Day this weekend - I think I have gifts figured out for mom and mom-in-law - PTO newsletter is put to bed for the year, finally! Box Tops is wrapping up, got a big "deadline" with that tonight. We're traveling down to Ventura this weekend and I need to do laundry, pack, clean house, etc. But I'm just beat.

But workouts are going okay this week.

Monday - boot camp, no cardio unfortunately, due to work commitments
Tuesday - marathon session: rock bottom, group training with Kate, then body flow
Wednesday - boot camp, 10K training on treadmill (30 min)
Thursday (today, planned) - 10K training on treadmill
Friday (planned) - boot camp, abs, 10K training on treadmill in the a.m. rock bottom and body jam in the p.m.
Saturday (planned) - body flow and 10K training on the treadmill
Sunday (planned) - 10K training at the beach in Ventura

I've got to pick up the pace with the 10K training. I saw the doctor on May 1st and finally picked up my prescription for NSAIDs last night, started taking them today. Two weeks and he says my knee will feel a lot better. We'll see.

We did some hamstring work in boot on Monday, then again in rock bottom on Tuesday, then a little bit in our group session on Tuesday and then again on Wed in boot. My hamstrings are killing me! And holy moley, this is the most sore I've been in a while. I don't know if that means I'm not working out hard enough or what, but I am feeling it in my calves, hamstrings, inner thighs, quads, abs, biceps and triceps. Whew! What a week. At least there's only one more strength session before next week and the rest is cardio. Never thought I'd be thankful for cardio, but there it is.

Happy Thursday to anyone reading...if there's anyone reading. LOL

No comments: