Friday, May 1, 2009

Spin Class - aka Class 'o Pain

So I went to RPM last night, the Les Mills Spin Class. Great workout. I was feeling it big time and I was sweating like crazy.

And I'm all about feeling the burn in my workouts. Pushing myself to fatigue or failure? Bring it. But I'm not about pain. Workout, pushing myself pain, fine. Rock hard stupid bike seat making me feel like I'll never walk normal (let alone have sex) ever again? Not so much. My ass hurt so bad and I swear, my tailbone and buttbones are seriously bruised. And my toes went numb by the end of class. Nice. The trainer said the numb toes are kind of normal, check how tight my pedal straps are, wiggle my toes during recovery, etc.

It was a good class and a good workout, but I will have a hard time going back just because it wasn't fun because of those painful things. I will go back. I know it's better for my knees right now. And everyone told me, oh, after three or four classes, you won't notice the seat. Ok. But I won't make it through three or four classes with that much pain. I'm really not trying to be a wuss, but I'm a dead serious. I needed to go home and sit on a bag of frozen peas for an hour or so. I'm going to hit the sporting goods store before my next class and get either padded bike shorts or a padded seat cover I can take with me to class.

Until then, I'll be reminded of how much that class hurt every time I sit down.

No comments: