Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Transformation Challenge - Final week!

I know this is going to sound so cliche, but I really can't believe it's the last week of the challenge. I had to miss Monday's boot camp due to some work conflicts, and this morning kicked my boo-tay. Seriously, this shouldn't surprise me since it was Lauren. But I was exhausted from being up literally all night with the boys. They are both fighting a nasty bug and Ian's asthma kicked in big time so he was in our bed where I could listen to him breathe after giving him his inhaler. And Daniel is sick AND teething - nice combo, yes? So he was also in our bed part of the night. That made the workout especially hard. Partway through I felt sick, so I walked outside and took a breather. Went back in and held out a bit more. Went back out and Liz (very sweet trainer-in-training at the gym) came out to check on me. I just started crying when she asked if I was okay. I was so frustrated at the fact that I had to take a few breaks in the workout. I felt like I was back at week 1. I was mad at myself and feeling like I hadn't made any progress in 12 weeks! She cheered me up a bit and I went back in and finished the workout. I did abs class after with Lauren (never had her as abs instructor before and she rocked it, as usual). I probably should have stayed and done cardio after, but I just mentally couldn't get there. I'll go back this afternoon and do some running for my 10K training.

I know this morning was just exhaustion and stress hormones and all sorts of good stuff like that kicking in. I know that I have come a long way. I can't see it physically and my clothes aren't fitting much better. But I am down 17 pounds and I feel better most of the time - except, of course, mornings like this morning...lol. But those are by far the exception not the rule.

I'm looking forward to continuing to get fit and healthy. Alyse and I joined WW last Friday and we go to our first weigh in this Saturday. I just faxed in my application for Team in Training to do the San Francisco Nike Women's Half Marathon in October. I'm going to keep at this. And someday, maybe a year from now, maybe two years from now, but it will happen - I am going to have a ROCKIN' BOD and KILLER CONFIDENCE and best of all - GOOD HEALTH!

No comments: