Friday, May 22, 2009

Final Boot Camp and 5 Things

Today was the last boot camp of the transformation challenge. Our whole team was there, which was nice and we got a group photo which was also nice. I am fighting a respiratory cold/cough thing and did the best I could, although I know that I didn't give 100% which made me a little sad. And I almost didn't stay and do cardio after because I felt so crummy, but Carey is such a little.....motivator (you thought I was going to say something else, didn't you, Carey?) that I got back out there and I did 20 min on the treadmill. It was a walk, not a run. And it was only at 2.5 mph instead of my usual 3.5 to 4. But I did incline it for a while to 7.0, then toned it down to 5.0. But I did it.

And that's somewhat sums up how I feel about this challenge wrapping up - I did it! I did it. There were definitely times that I thought, what did I sign up for, I'll never make it 12 weeks. But I did. Let me say it again, I did it! :)

I think the two most important things I am walking away from this challenge with are:
1. good habits - if not good, at least better; I'm still getting there on food, but I am definitely there with the workouts.
2. support - in the form of trainers, friends and teammates that will help me push through the tough times and help me celebrate my successes. They all rock!

We have our re-test, re-weigh, re-measure day next Wed. I'll post my stats (and maybe my pics if I'm brave) then.

And last but not least...

5 things I am grateful for today:
1. A long weekend ahead of me
2. My in-laws for watching the kids tonight so Scott and I can have a date!
3. People like Carey and Courtney who push me and make me smile
4. Nice weather
5. Finishing the Transformation Challenge!

2 comments:

CareyBee said...

1. It's okay if you wanted to call me something besides a motivator :)

2. I heart you too!

mommapolitico said...

Way to go, Lil' Sis, and Happy Birthday to you! COming doen south soon? Mis ya and love ya. Kiss the kidlets for me!